Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week 9

I have always heard that Wikipedia was not a good site to reference because it is not vailid. I had no idea why everyone said that but after reading these articles I know why it is not vailid. The website can be changed by anyone anywhere in the world. Many different pages have been changed and research shows that many of the changes are made by the companies that the page is about. There is a scanner that a raduate student Virgil Griffith created to track down the source of the change. One example is Walmart, they changed the wikipedia article on them when it came to the wages that their customers were making. I think that this shouldn't be right and people should not be able to change the pages. I don't know if Wikipedia will ever be valid but maybe oneday they will accomplish it.

No comments: